Saturday, October 1, 2011

Money Saving Tips

Luke Ford writes: Most people find it easier to cut spending rather than increase income.

Over the past 17 years, I’ve maximized my personal freedom by cutting my expenses. I like doing what I want to do when I want to do it.

Here are some money saving basics:

* Eat at home rather than at restaurants. Do without the Starbucks coffee. Make your own. Pack your own lunch. Don’t go out drinking.

* Drop your land line and rely on your cell phone. Drop your cable and rely on netflix.

* Make a list before you go grocery shopping. Don’t do it on an empty stomach. Keep an eye on the expiration dates for perishable goods.

* Buy in bulk and buy generic.

More tips:

Use grocery store bags to line trash cans: This may not work if you use a massive trash can but we use a small sized one for which the grocery bags are a perfect fit. This not only helps us save some money, but reduces our environmental foot print and avoids the kitchen from stinking from a huge overflowing trash can.



No comments:

Post a Comment