Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Meaning Of Tattoos

Luke Ford writes:

On his radio show today, Dennis Prager, who was born in 1948, says that as a kid, he almost never saw tattooed women. “There was a sideshow in circuses of freaky people and one of them was the tattooed woman.”

“I don’t understand the appeal of women covering their skin with anything. Women’s flesh is the allure. If it is painted, why is it alluring?”

“My mother-in-law is a psychiatrist and she says that tattooing is a diagnostic issue.”

“Where there is a heavy dose of tattooing there may be an element of will someone try to get to know me through this major barrier, this veil, I’ve put up. It’s a statement of profound emotional insecurity. I’ve read that some women who’ve been raped will get obese to not attract any more men. I wonder if heavy tattooing is a way of psychologically working through something.”



No comments:

Post a Comment